If you’re looking for a hassle-free, lazy Sunday afternoon snack, you have landed on the right page. This is the perfect Kebab recipe for you that you can enjoy anytime you like without having to do a lot. So, get ready to surprise your kids with this delicious treat.
What Is a Shami Kebab?
Shami Kebabs are made using beef and yellow split peas, herbs, onions, spices, and of course, love. The soft and crunchy texture of these little pieces of heaven will make your mouth water and your heart flutter.
Note: This recipe in particular is prepared using a stovetop and pot. So the steps are written accordingly.
– Ground beef – Yellow split peas – 1 tbsp coriander seeds – 2 green cardamom pods (seeds taken out) – 8 cloves (whole) – 2 tsp black peppercorns (whole) – 2-inch cinnamon stick (broken in pieces) – 1 tsp cumin seeds (toasted or regular) – 1 black cardamom (small)
– 1 cup yellow split peas (cleaned and soaked overnight) – 1.5 lb (680g) preferably, full-fat ground beef – 8-10 garlic cloves – 4½ cups water – 1 ½ inch piece ginger (minced or crushed) – 1 large onion (chopped roughly) – 1 bay leaf (medium to large) – 1 tbsp salt (kosher) – 1 tbsp red chili flakes – 1 tsp cumin seeds – ½ tsp chaat masala (or as required)
– 1 small onion (coarsely chopped) – 1 serrano or Thai green chili pepper (sliced thinly) – ½-⅓ cup cilantro leaves – 2 tbsp mint leaves
– 1 whisked egg
For Frying or Baking:
– Neutral oil – 1-2 whisked eggs
– Start with grinding all the spices together to make the Shami Kabab masala. – Add the lentils, onions, beef, spices to the pot, add in water, cook well and sauté out the extra water and moisture. – Chop up the onion, green chili pepper, and the rest of the herbs in a food processor. Then process the beef and lentil mixture until it becomes smooth in consistency. – Crack an egg in the mixture, mix everything to make patties. Fry in a pan. – Ready to serve!
4 Amazing and Warm Destinations to Beat the Cold This Winter Season
If you dread the seasonal slump each year, a warm weather escape is perfect for you to ditch the chill and bask in the sun. Here are a few incredible sun-soaked destinations for you to check out this winter.
Palm Springs, California
With its sublime warm weather, stunning scenery, bold architecture, boutique hotels, and flourishing culinary scene, the stylish desert oasis of Palm Springs has long been a luxe and trendy gateway. The L’Horizon Hotel, designed by famed William F. Cody, with lavish and vintage furnishings, was once the playground for Hollywood elites like Marilyn Monroe, Betty Grable, and many others. The nearby Aerial Tramway is an 11-minute, thrilling cable car ride taking passengers to a height of 500-feet to face Mount San Jacinto. After the ride head to the Purple Palm to ease your queasy stomach with nouvelle Mediterranean fare and strong drinks.
Jamaica is no doubt the ideal getaway with its postcard-perfect beaches, soulful vibes, and alluring cruises. But if you seek somewhere quaint and quintessential, ditch the touristy cruise ports and head instead to Negril on the secluded western tip of the island. This quiet beachside town boasts of charming luxury cliffside pads like the Caves, Rockhouse Hotel, etc. The local favorite 3 Dives lets you tuck into delicacies like lobster with a live reggae side, or open-fire jerk chicken. End your day watching a scenic sunset at Seven Mile Beach, next to the turquoise water. It’s the perfect Jamaican day!
If venturing outdoors is your thing, Kauai is perfect for you. Kauai is the oldest and greenest of the Hawaiian islands, adorned with verdant hills, towering cliffs, gushing waterfalls, and plunging valleys. Take a Blue Hawaiian helicopter tour of the Waimea Canyon for a breathtaking bird’s eye view of the island. A thrilling sailboat ride around the Na Pali coastline gives you the exotic view of fluted walls, thousand feet long sheer ridges rising from the blue water, and majestic valleys. A collection of uptown cottages like the Lodge at Kukui’ula offer comfortable stays all year long.
Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain
Tenerife is the largest island of the Canary Islands in Spain. This tropical and warm destination boasts 42 miles of beachline with supreme sand in various blonde shades. Los Gigantes Beach and Alcala Beach are two of the island’s best beaches. RedLevel at Gran Melia Palacio de Isora makes a great basecamp for a day trip to the Teide National Park, home to a magnificent crater, volcano, and petrified lava-filled landscape with snow-capped peaks of Mount Teide. Head to Haydee to savor some unique dishes like olive octopus risotto, or spicy tuna tartare with cherry sorbet.